A regular yoga practice is good for all relationships because of its calming and happiness boosting benefits. And it takes those benefits to the next level especially when you practice yoga with your partner. According to numerous scientific studies, the power of love directly affects our physical health, too, by boosting our immune system, improving our cardiovascular functioning, and increasing our life expectancy.
Nowadays, couples are often too busy connecting with each other so partner yoga is the answer. Partner yoga is designed for the physical and psychological connection between you and another person. The poses are more about cultivating energy between you and your partner.
Here are the reasons why partner yoga is such a great idea.
1. It builds trust – There are a series of poses in which you and your partner cam do in partner yoga. You need to be in complete harmony with each other, so you must trust each other. Your bodies must work in union with each other and one can only do that when putting complete faith into their partner.
2. It brings a new level of intimacy – Have you imagined yourself being in tune with your partner, breathing together? That kind of connection is so rarely found nowadays because of so many distractions. Practicing partner yoga will allow you not only to cultivate intimacy due to constant touch but also to experience self-awareness. Another level of intimacy you will experience with your partner before and after you practice yoga together as you become one.
3. A newfound sense of balance – As time goes by, we didn’t even notice the imbalances in our relationships. These imbalances cultivate inside of both partners until eventually, they tear us apart. But with practicing partner yoga, together with our partner, we will learn to balance out the negative energy building inside us with a much more positive energy. Through that, it will help in balancing the relationship. You may hit many bumps along the road, but the negatives will not outweigh the positives.
4. Experience the sensations of touch – Partner yoga is centered around you and your partner’s touch. Your touch and hold on your partner is what allows you to hold the position when you both come together to do a pose. It heightens your awareness of each other. You become more aware of each other’s presence both physical and spiritual and this brings you closer together than ever before.
5. It keeps things interesting and fun – Sometimes, things get boring. That feeling when you are stuck and don’t know what to do anymore with your partner. Partner yoga is an interesting and completely new experience that will leave a pleasant impression on both of you. It’s lots of touching and laughing and playing. Partner yoga helps keep things fun and created an easy and light atmosphere that takes you back to an easier time, renewing the connection you once had.